Falooda is an Indian version of cold dessert consist of Ice-cream, sabja(Basil seed), milk, cornstarch noodles, nuts, syrups of different flavors(rose, butterscotch, chocolate, vanilla, mango, kesar, pista and so on) and when I say Panna cotta it is an Italian dessert made with cream which is thickened with gelation and served with various kinds of syrups, pulps, nuts depending upon the choice and preferences.
My summer memories is totally incomplete without this succulent drink. One Sunday evening my brother and I get into a fight as he wants to have Panna cotta and I craved for falooda and Unfortunately we both can’t go out due to the COVID19 lockdown.
After getting into a massive fight and debate finally I came to the conclusion of making a dessert recipe which will have a combination of both Falooda + Panna cotta.
This unconventional Panna cotta is made with very mild flavors which offsets the sweetness of the rose syrup at the base thus giving you the feeling of both at the same time.
For Panna cotta
- 2 and a half tsp unflavored powdered gelation
- 1/2 litre of milk
- 1 tbsp rose syrup
- 1tsp soaked sabja seeds (basil seeds)
- 1tsp boiled cornstarch noodles.
- 1tbsp condensed milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 1cup fresh cream
- 2-3 chopped almonds and pistachios
- rose syrup
- soaked sabja seeds (basil seeds)
- boiled cornstarch noodles
- rose petals
- mint leaves
- Take 2 tbsp water in a bowl.
- Add gelatin powder and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat milk in a pan for 5 minutes, then add fresh cream , condensed milk and mix well.
- Now add the bloomed gelatin into the mixture, stir and cook it well until the gelation gets completely dissolve.
- Add the sabja seeds as well and mix it well.
- Strain the mixture into the another bowl, add rose syrup and whisk gently.
- Pour the mixture into a molds. Refrigerate it for minimum 2-3 hours or till set completely.
- Take serving plate add some rose syrup at the base, place your demolds panna cotta at the top, garnish with some soaked chia seeds, noodles, rose petals, mint leaves and crushed nuts.
- Serve it chilled.